In Facebook, this is an important feature. If you happen to be the busy type, turning your Facebook messenger status offline is important to allow you to respond later to the chats. When they see you online, people tend to get offended and then chat you up just to feel ignored because you don’t respond.
But, they’re wrong because the online status is used to let people know you’re online. The messenger is designed in such a way that you can see the list of all the video chat features of your friend online.
How to get the Facebook messenger offline
The procedure to achieve this isn’t all that clear and that’s why am going to explain this in a very simple way for you to understand.
Android messenger app
To appear offline in Facebook Messenger for Android users, follow the steps below;
- Open your Facebook Messenger app and log in.
- Click on your Profile Picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Active Status
- You will see the option Show When you’re an active option.
- You can set to either appear online or offline.
Note: If you set it to offline you won’t be able to see when your friends too are online or recently active.
iPhone messenger app
To change your status for iPhone follow the procedures below;
- Open your Facebook Messenger app.
- Select address book
- Tap on Active tab
- You can toggle the switch to appear online or offline.